Fuel so far has been a blast! We’ve had a great group with high energy, but it doesn’t stop there. Here are some highlights that are making Fuel so successful this fall:
- Youth Action Teams – students are getting involved and taking the lead to welcome people, lead games, run media, and teach. Our ministry isn’t just done for youth. It’s done by youth.
- Many hands helping with meals – great meals continue, and they come from a variety of willing people who want to fill bellies. It’s hard to measure the impact on relationships and fellowship that comes from sharing a meal together!
- Steady small groups – we’ve made adjustments to how we do small groups and also added new leaders. The result is a good mix of students in each group, led by a capable, faithful adult.
- Nightly variety – each night is just a bit different, with four main types of nights: small group, outreach, worship, and action teams. That ensures we don’t have the same old, same old going on.
So what’s coming up with Fuel?
Starting Sunday, we will enter a series called “The Power of Words,” which will explore the ways our words can be used to build up and tear down, and what God’s Word says about it all. The artwork above is by Madeline C., one of our youth. Each week will look a bit different. Here’s the rundown:
- Oct. 22 – Outreach Night – bring friends and prepare for loads of games! A mini-lesson focusing on encouragement through words will be given by one of our youth, Rachel.
- Oct. 29 – Night of Worship – plan to praise God together, led by our youth praise band. Two of our youth – David and Wes – are teaming up to lead the message.
- Nov. 5 – Small Group Night – youth team Hayden and Holly will guide the up front portion of this night before kicking it to the small group discussion time.