Pay by check: Register here
Pay online: Register here
What is the Dare 2 Share Conference?
Every year our student ministry attends this two-day conference hosted by Dare 2 Share Ministries. The Dare 2 Share conference is hands-down our most effective tool at building a passion within our students to reach their friends, family, and fellow students with the gospel. It is precisely this sort of passion that fuels our ministries throughout the year, making the Dare 2 Share conference a crucial part of our ministry calendar. At this conference students will…
- …be challenged to take and inward look at their own faith.
- …learn and reinforce witnessing techniques as they share their faith.
- …take part in outreach opportunities while at the conference.
This year’s theme is Live It Up. See a video from Dare 2 Share’s founder, Greg Stier, to learn more about what will happen at the conference:
Youth will probably prefer this promo video.
This annual conference by Dare 2 Share is a powerful and unforgettable one that our youth have been attending for six years now. The challenge for students (and adults) is to follow Christ above all else and train them to share their faith.
Conference is held at the Hylton Memorial Chapel in Woodbridge, VA.
We will stay overnight at Occoquan Bible Church (about 15 minutes from the conference center). Guys and girls will sleep on separate floors.
April 15-16. Drop-off is between 3:30-3:45pm on Friday (stay to pray with us!). Pick up is Saturday at approximately 8:00pm.
We are asking all participants to be in both Sunday School and a worship service Sun., April 17. If you have plans, that’s fine, but we want you here if you can be. Please also come to Fuel that night where youth will give testimony from the conference.
- Through March 20, multiple siblings in the same household receives a $5 discount each. If paying online, use promo code 2ndkiddo.
- Deposit of $25 is due now through March 20.
- Balance must be paid in full on March 20 (at pre-trip meeting)
- After March 20, conference cost goes up to $80.
What’s included? In addition to the conference, cost includes breakfast, lunch, and dinner on Saturday. Youth are responsible to purchase one fast food meal during travel on Friday (keep that meal money on you, not in your bag).
Spending Money: At the conference students will have opportunities to buy items like books, tee shirts, and extravagant chaperone thank you gifts. There will also be an offering collected.
For a few hours on Saturday, we will participate in a ministry project. Dress to be outside.
In addition to registering online, students will need:
- Notarized waiver/medical release
- Dare 2 Share waiver – you will receive an emailed link to this when you register
What to pack
- Change of clothes
- Basic toiletries (no shower facilities)
- Sleeping bag (air mattresses okay, space permitting)
- Good attitude
Cell phones are okay, too (encouraged, even!). They will be used for some ministry. There will also be times when they will need to be put away.
- Bad attitude
- Images of geckos
- Or the obvious (weapons, drugs, etc.)
Medications: Please put all medications in a resealable bag with student name, dosage frequency, etc. and turn this into the trip leader. This goes for all medications.