All registrations as of Feb. 15 will be placed on a waiting list until Skycroft Camp confirms that space is available. This will be given on a first come, first served basis.
What is ReCharge Camp?
ReCharge is an annual, week-long camp for students who have completed grades 6-12. Our youth ministry goes each year as a group. Camp is held at Skycroft Conference Center in Middletown, MD (about an hour from church).
From the ReCharge webpage:
Join us for our 5-night, 6-day summer camp for students who have completed grades 6-12. reCHARGE is designed to strengthen your youth group through Mission Opportunities, Bible Study, Team Recreation, Worship and Fellowship. Our intentional and purposeful activities and events point every student & adult to the Gospel of Christ and their position in the Kingdom. Our schedule is intensive, fun and focused on challenging youth pastors and their students to grow in Christ. We offer leadership training for both students and adults that is designed to help the youth group in their vision and ministry. Expect to be challenged, encounter God in a new way, and to leave camp changed.
What can I expect from ReCharge?
Youth who attend ReCharge can expect…
- to build strong friendships with fellow campers, especially those within our group.
- to connect with God in a deeper way through sessions and trainings geared toward students.
- to enjoy great meals from the cafeteria (accommodations can be made for special dietary needs, too).
- to play unforgettable games – absolutely crazy ones that get youth active and often messy!
- to experience powerful worship as they praise God together and are led by a special praise band.
- to meet real needs during daily projects at mission sites.
- to experience new things – like the high ropes course, long “Damascus Road” water slide, or even fun karaoke nights!
When is ReCharge?
Our 2018 dates are June 17-22. We typically leave early afternoon on Sunday and return before noon on Friday. Look for a more detailed schedule as camp approaches. A sample daily schedule can be found at the ReCharge website.
Other important dates
Mandatory pre-trip meeting is scheduled for Sunday, April 29 at 9:45am in the Youth Barn. All campers must attend, along with at least one parent/guardian.
April 29, 2018. The following items are due at the meeting:
- Additional $50 payment (or arrangements) made
- All forms completed and submitted (see below)
- 2 copies of health insurance card turned in
How much does ReCharge cost?
Camp cost includes 5 days and 6 nights of camp, all meals, transportation, chaperone expenses, activities, and lodging. The earlier you register, the better the price. Early registration helps us greatly to coordinate chaperones and transportation. Please note the following price deadlines:
- Register by Feb 13, 2018: $290
- Register by April 29, 2018: $300
- Register after April 29, 2018: $325 (space permitting)
A $25 discount is offered for families with multiple youth attending (full price for first registrant. Second and subsequent should enter promo code 2ndkiddo). To receive this discount, you must register by April 29.
We never want finances to prevent youth from attending camp (or other events). Speak with the Minister of Students if you have financial limitations.
Who should attend?
Camp is first for the youth ministry at Redland Baptist Church. It is an event that we hope all of our youth can attend together. Second, it is a great opportunity to invite a friend who does not have a church home and give them an opportunity to have a blast with a great group while learning more about God and who he is.
How do I sign up?
Parents may sign up online here:
Additional forms are needed as well: