Player Eligibility & Placement
- Players and their parents are to sign a pledge before they can participate. Coaches must also sign a pledge prior to coaching their first game. Youth Pastors will work with the coaches to uphold the spirit of these pledges amongst their church team(s).
- Each player must attend worship and/or Youth Ministry programs at the participating church at least twice a month during the basketball league season. The goal is to maximize the potential evangelistic opportunity of the league.
- If you have team members who play on their high school basketball team, no more than two such players may be on the court at the same time.
- There are 3 grade divisions in the CBA league: 6th-8th, 9th-10th, and 11th-12th. Players are placed on their team based on their school grade. Students from lower grades can play in upper grade divisions but not older students in younger divisions. Any exceptions must be submitted to the league.
- Home teams are responsible for leading a brief devotion and prayer (2-3 minutes).
- The visiting team will lead prayer at the end of the game.
- Each team is expected to provide a scorekeeper when they are the home team and a timekeeper when they are the visiting team. It is the coach’s responsibility to have them ready at each game.
- Players must have numbered uniforms (jersey or tee shirt) and must be of the same color.
- We will be using National Federation of State High School Association rules for our games with the following exceptions:
• Grades 6 – 8 cannot play full court defense. They can pick up defense at the mid-court line. During the final two minutes of the game, each team may conduct a full-court defense if behind or leading by less than 10 points. Grades 9-10 and 11-12 may play full-court defense throughout a game, but should allow good sportsmanship to dictate the use of such defense.
• If a team is up by 20 points, that team cannot play defense beyond the 28’ line.
• Each game will consist of two, twenty-minute halves. The clock is stopped on timeouts and the whistle during the last two minutes of each halve.
• Number of timeouts follows the National Federation of State High School Association rules, which is 3 full and 2 thirty second timeouts per game.
League & Game Rules
- Any player receiving 2 technical fouls in a game, that player will be removed from that game and will be suspended for the following game. If a team receives 2 technical fouls in a game or after their 4th technical foul for the season, the coach of that team will be suspended for the following game.
- A player can be added to the scorebook at halftime without penalty. If a player is not present by halftime, they cannot play in the second half.
- The number of players in the scorebook needs to reflect the number of players on the bench.
- A player must play in half of their teams regular season games in order to be eligible for the playoffs.
In case of inclement weather, we adhere to the Montgomery County Recreation Dept. decisions regarding cancellations. Please check the local radio stations for information on school closings or call the Montgomery County Rec. Dept. Inclement Weather Line at (240) 777-2706.