The Women’s Ministry invites ladies ages 13 and up to join us for Tres Feast: Feeding Mind, Body, and Soul on Saturday, June 16 at 9:30 am in the ROC Foyer. At this Amani ya Juu-themed brunch, we will have Cathie and Mary Burke speaking about their lives and work in Africa. We will also have a small selection of Amani crafts available for sale as well as an Amani wish list of items they need donated to improve their work. Tickets are $10, available for purchase in the Foyer on Sundays. Please see Lisa Jenkins or Sandy Forrer for questions. We hope to see you there.
Adult Ministry News
All men, ages 16 and up are urged to join in a strategic breakfast event THIS Saturday, June 9, at 8:00am. Special guest speaker, Norm Gordon, will share about one way we men can build and strengthen the connections in our homes, churches, and communities. This fits in our CONNECT vision for 2018 as well as our Healthy Church Strategy need of building community outside our church walls.
A delicious breakfast will be provided, along with group discussion to have maximum impact from these principles where it matters most in your life.
This summer you have a chance to join a six week small group and connect with a few fellow Redlanders! The study is called “Befriend,” and through video and discussion you’ll get to examine together how God’s love can work through you to befriend people with different needs, including yourself!
- Series is six sessions (one per week) and begins the week of July 8.
- Sign up even if you can only attend a few sessions.
- Sign up in the foyer starting June 10.
- Companion book is $10.
Prime Time Adults are invited to join us for an excellent event that highlights the blessings of this nation! You must sign up for this event – registration table will be in the church foyer. Event includes travel by bus together (if you wish), patriotic concert, and a late lunch. … (more)
This coming month (starting May 27, actually) the church library will feature resources to help you connect your faith with the issues of life. From topics of ethics to everyday struggles, the sure hope in Jesus and the promises in his Word help us know how to face each situation. Ask about these resources in the library, or just click here to see a list we’ve compiled. You’ll find great books like Bob Goff’s Love Does.
You can always search visit on our new library page, librarycat.org/lib/
Attention Prime Time Adults!
The following may be of interest to you for a fun Spring outing:
(1) National Christian Choir will present a Patriotic Concert, Saturday, June 30, at Hanover First Church of God, 600 Fairview Drive, Hanover, PA.
(2) US Marine Corps Band concert at Wolf Trap, Filene Center, Sunday, May 27, 8:00pm. There will be fireworks!!!
Both events are FREE.
Attention Prime Timers:
The long awaited results from our March 25 survey are in!! The results made clear your level of interest in the activities the Strategy Team developed to guide our program going forward. A total of 60 people responded to the survey and although most responses fell in line with the team’s ideas of what would be of interest, other responses pointed to limited or no interest. Pick up a copy of a short review of the responses from the Literature Stand in the Foyer. This will also be e-mailed out those on our newsletter distribution list.
A short review of the responses is as follows:
- An overwhelming majority of you feel that Prime Time activities should align with our mission statement. So, in light of that, your responses are grouped accordingly.
Providing opportunities for Christian fellowship
- You feel that if you are not interested in a given activity, you would still consider participating, if it helps to promote fellowship within the group.
- You expressed an overwhelming interest in fun outings, local tours, professional theater and musical productions, local HS productions, and band and choir concerts. You are also overwhelmingly interested in planned fellowship opportunities through regularly scheduled informal get-togethers, e.g., at restaurants, pot luck meals in the ROC or in the homes of those willing to host an event. (You’ll be hearing from us soon.)
- More than half of you would be willing to financially support the purchase of a new church van, if presented to and approved by the church.
Honoring God by welcoming people to Redland Baptist Church
- More than half of you expressed an interest in volunteering for the First Impression Team. (You should see Bill Archer ASAP to sign up. You are needed!)
Serving, encouraging, and caring for others in the community with our gifts and talents
- Thirteen of you are willing to lead a monthly bible study. (How great is that!)
- More than half of you want to assist the church in outreach efforts.
- A sizable number of you are willing to (a) serve as a contact agent to make seniors aware of upcoming activities; (b) transport other seniors, who no longer drive, to medical or other appointments; and (c) become a member of a visitation brigade to reach out to and fellowship with homebound seniors.
- Nearly 20 of you are willing to tutor our youth in academic subjects or volunteer for an assignment in RBC Camp. (I’ve signed up for RBC camp. What about you?)
The survey found little to no interest in volunteering in the nursery, coaching in the Upwards Program, putting on a talent show, or working in Habitat for Humanity, and that’s OK. We know not to include any activities in those areas.
Prime Timers, job well done!
Marilyn J., Prime Time Adults Director
Join us Saturday, May 5 from 9am until 1pm as we have a huge yard sale! There will be something for everyone! In addition to the yard sale tables, we will have a bake sale where you may purchase homemade goodies.
If you would like to rent space at our yard sale, please contact (graceinstoreredland at gmail dot com).
Ladies are invited to join together for Bible Study where we learn from God’s Word, from our lesson, and from one another! We have two groups that meet on Tuesdays, one in the morning and one in the evening. … (more)
Come join a new Sunday School class on “Work as Worship” by JD Greear on RightNow Media. This 6 session study will be facilitated by Rob Burba in room D209/210. Many Christians compartmentalize their faith to Sunday morning and see the rest of their week as having little to do with their walk with God. This study is focused on challenging all of us to consider the reason God calls us to work. Whatever your work is, you’ll be motivated to look beyond how your job makes you feel and see purpose and significance in your work.