Redland is again a collection center for Operation Christmas Child’s National Collection Week, November 13-20, 2017! OCC makes it possible for millions of children to experience God’s love through shoeboxes filled with gifts. These shoeboxes open doors for presenting the Good News of Jesus Christ.
Collection Center Hours are:
Monday, November 13, 12pm – 4pm
Tuesday, November 14, 9am – 1pm
Wednesday, November 15, 12pm – 4pm
Thursday, November 16, 9am – 1pm
Friday, November 17, 12pm – 8pm
Saturday, November 18, 8am – 1pm
Sunday, November 19, 1pm – 4pm
Monday, November 20, 12pm – 8pm
Fuel so far has been a blast! We’ve had a great group with high energy, but it doesn’t stop there. Here are some highlights that are making Fuel so successful this fall:
- Youth Action Teams – students are getting involved and taking the lead to welcome people, lead games, run media, and teach. Our ministry isn’t just done for youth. It’s done by youth.
- Many hands helping with meals – great meals continue, and they come from a variety of willing people who want to fill bellies. It’s hard to measure the impact on relationships and fellowship that comes from sharing a meal together!
- Steady small groups – we’ve made adjustments to how we do small groups and also added new leaders. The result is a good mix of students in each group, led by a capable, faithful adult.
- Nightly variety – each night is just a bit different, with four main types of nights: small group, outreach, worship, and action teams. That ensures we don’t have the same old, same old going on.
So what’s coming up with Fuel?
Starting Sunday, we will enter a series called “The Power of Words,” which will explore the ways our words can be used to build up and tear down, and what God’s Word says about it all. The artwork above is by Madeline C., one of our youth. Each week will look a bit different. Here’s the rundown:
- Oct. 22 – Outreach Night – bring friends and prepare for loads of games! A mini-lesson focusing on encouragement through words will be given by one of our youth, Rachel.
- Oct. 29 – Night of Worship – plan to praise God together, led by our youth praise band. Two of our youth – David and Wes – are teaming up to lead the message.
- Nov. 5 – Small Group Night – youth team Hayden and Holly will guide the up front portion of this night before kicking it to the small group discussion time.
The Christian Basketball Association (CBA) is a competitive basketball league for youth in Grades 6-12 that also helps them gain a better connection with the church. Online registration is now available through November 17! For more information, click here.
There is space available for more youth to attend the Corn Maze on Saturday, October 14 at 4:30pm! And invite a friend! You may bring or e-mail the permission slip to the Church Office or Kevin Freeman to secure your spot. Click Here for the permission slip.
All youth, Grades 6-12, are invited to the Corn Maze at Winterbrook Farms on Saturday, October 14! Bring a friend, boots, jacket, a flashlight, (plan for cold, muddy, and dark conditions) and a sense of adventure!
Date & Time
Saturday, October 14
Drop off is at 4:30pm, pick up is at 9:30-10pm at RBC.
Cost & Permission Slips
Cost is $10 per person (includes the maze and a campfire dinner)
Permission slips are due to Pastor Kevin by Sunday, October 8. Click Here for a Permission slip.
Please note, we will require adequate transportation and chaperone support in order to hold this event. Parents, please contact Kevin Freeman by October 2 if you can help.
Website found at www.winterbrookfarmsmd.com.
What is the Dare 2 Share Conference?
Our youth ministry has had an excelling history attending Dare 2 Share Conferences. The Dare 2 Share conference is hands-down our most effective tool at building a passion within our students to reach their friends, family, and fellow students with the gospel. It is precisely this sort of passion that fuels our ministries throughout the year, making the Dare 2 Share conference a crucial part of our ministry calendar. At this conference students will…
- …be challenged to take and inward look at their own faith.
- …learn and reinforce witnessing techniques as they share their faith.
- …take part in outreach opportunities while at the conference.
A TEEN-LED MOVEMENT OF GOSPEL CONVERSATIONS FROM COAST TO COAST.
On September 23 2017, teenagers from across the nation will gather together to bring Christ to their communities through service and gospel conversations, and spark a movement within youth ministry and within the Church at large.
Drop off and pick up will be at Redland Baptist Church. We will travel to our local host site – McLean Bible Church, Montgomery County
12440 Parklawn Dr.
Rockville, MD 20852
This is one of dozens of simulcast locations around the United States.
Date & times
September 23, 2017
11:00am Drop off at RBC
Enjoy a quick, pizza lunch (provided) and depart for McLean simulcast site
12:00pm Inspiration & training
3:30pm Outreach (Sharing & Service)
Fast food meal (students purchase)
6:00pm Praise & Prayer Celebration
8:00pm Pick up at RBC
The conference cost is $20 per student, which includes a provided lunch
For a couple afternoon hours we will participate in a ministry project. Dress to be outside.
Wednesday night is when most of our music programs meet to rehearse and there is something for every age group! Online registration is now available for all of our Wednesday night music programs (see below). Join us! … (more)
All youth interested in getting involved in the Youth Praise Band are invited to learn more about it on Sunday, Aug. 13, after the 11:00 worship service (about 12:15). This will be held in the Youth Barn. Even if you’ve been in the praise band before, you’ll need to come and learn about what’s new! Parents should plan to be there and learn all the ins and outs.
Please RSVP – we’ll have some pizza to enjoy!