Consider this verse related to our Core Belief on Man, which we’ll cover this Sunday in Sunday School.
So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them. God blessed them and said to them, “Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground.” (Gen 1:27-28 NIV)
And this one.
For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. (Psa 139:13-14 NIV)
Our Core Belief this week is all about who we are as “Man” – humanity, men and women made in God’s image. Think about the cultural questions this topic touches on today:
- Where do we find value for human life?
- Is abortion okay, and when does life begin?
- Is gender fluid?
- What does God say about sexuality?
- Am I important?
- Why should I protect those who are weaker in society?
- Is my worth found in my abilities, the contribution I make to society, or something else?
- Do we have to worry about overpopulation?
Use this handout and choose an issue to talk about this week with your youth.