We’re a growing family of believers in Montgomery County, Maryland. Our church is located in Derwood, in the center of the county, and we have members coming from all over, including Rockville, Germantown, Gaithersburg, North Potomac, Potomac, Bethesda, Kensington, Silver Spring, Wheaton, Aspen Hill, Olney, Brookeville, Ashton, Frederick, and beyond.
Looking for something?
On Sunday, Nov. 5, about 80 senior adults, age 60 and up, met in the ROC Foyer for a delicious lunch and some exciting idea sharing. This is in preparation for our relaunch of the Prime Time Senior Adults Ministry at Redland.
Here is what you can look for in the future:
- Great events to build community, whether small activities or trips together
- Opportunities to learn and grow (like on our upcoming Museum of the Bible trip, Jan. 20)
- Ministry both to each other and the rest of the church.
So what is next?
- Be sure to join our email list to receive a weekly (max) update of Prime Time news. Just select “Senior Adults” under the interests section. Look for a letter with some more detailed meeting follow up, plus a survey that you can take to help us moving forward.
- Take a look at our new Prime Time webpage. Find it under Adults (at the top), then Senior Adults Ministry (on the left).
- A team is currently being put together to help with the planning process.
Did you know that a growing group of men have begun meeting for Bible study and discussion? The study is an 8 week series on Friendship. Too many men have become isolated from strong, male friendships. Many friendships aren’t of a caliber that truly encourages them to pursue a man’s walk with Christ. The result leaves men disconnected, which is described as “being two quarts low in their spiritual lives” – everything is harder! These meetings are all about helping men transform through strong relationships.
Men, age 16 and up, you are invited to jump into the process.
- Tuesdays at 6:00 pm
- Tuesdays at 7:45 pm
- Thursdays at 6:00 am
For more information, contact Matt Horton or the church office.
The Christian Basketball Association (CBA) is a competitive basketball league for youth in Grades 6-12 that also helps them gain a better connection with the church. Online registration is now available through November 17! For more information, click here.
Take a look at our latest progress for the 30 – 30 – 30 Challenge! more…